The CTBUH Awards celebrate tall buildings in their every dimension. From project conception through the various design and engineering awards to project realization with the construction and renovation awards, the program recognizes the interconnected disciplines involved in these complex projects. In addition, projects vie for distinction within a specific height band, and in context as urban habitat. Lastly, 10-year awards commend time-proven projects.
See project category criteria and submission requirements below. Please note: all known building data fields from the CTBUH tall building database will automatically populate the award submission form, reducing the number of required fields for each submission. Submitters retain the ability to add additional building information and amend any of the existing fields, where appropriate.
Fazlur R. Khan Lifetime Achievement Award Criteria
This award is bestowed by the CTBUH Board of Trustees, and is not open for general submission.
This award recognizes an individual for his or her demonstrated excellence in technical design and/or research that has made a significant contribution to a discipline(s) for the design of tall buildings and the built urban environment. The contribution may be demonstrated in the form of specific technical advances, innovations, design breakthroughs, building systems integration or innovative engineering systems that resulted in a practical design solution and completion of a project(s). The consideration may be based on a single project or creative achievement through multiple projects.
- The personal attributes of the award recipient should be of high professional integrity and the individual’s contributions generally consistent with the values and mission of the Council.
- The candidate may or may not be a member of the Council.
- The award is not intended to be awarded posthumously, although it may be so awarded in some cases.
- Lifetime Achievement Award winners are expected to comply with the following responsibilities:
- Present their life’s work at the conference.
- Attend the annual Awards Ceremony & Dinner at the close of the conference to collect the award.