Fazlur R. Khan Lifetime Achievement Award Criteria
This award recognizes an individual for his or her demonstrated excellence in technical design and/or research that has made a significant contribution to a discipline(s) for the design of tall buildings and the built urban environment. The contribution may be demonstrated in the form of specific technical advances, innovations, design breakthroughs, building systems integration or innovative engineering systems that resulted in a practical design solution and completion of a project(s). The consideration may be based on a single project or creative achievement through multiple projects.
- The personal attributes of the award recipient should be of high professional integrity and the individual’s contributions generally consistent with the values and mission of the Council.
- The candidate may or may not be a member of the Council.
- The award is not intended to be awarded posthumously, although it may be so awarded in some cases.
- Lifetime Achievement Award winners are expected to comply with the following responsibilities:
- Present their life’s work at the Innovation Conference to be held in Chicago, from 5–7 April 2020.
- Attend the annual Awards Ceremony & Dinner at the close of the Innovation Conference to collect the award.