The CTBUH Awards program honors projects and individuals that have made extraordinary contributions to the advancement of tall buildings and the urban environment, and that achieve sustainability at the highest and broadest level. Juries are an important part of the CTBUH Awards program. Jurors are charged with completing a comprehensive and sophisticated view of these important structures, judging every aspect of performance, including those that have the greatest positive impact on the individuals who use these buildings and habitats, along with the cities they inhabit.
Juror Professional Requirements
Jurors are chosen for their standing within their industry, their commitment to CTBUH, and to ensure a balanced representation across geographies, demographics and industries.
- Jurors are chosen from CTBUH organizational members in good standing.
- Jurors have a high profile in the industry, with an established track record of contributing to the inception, design, research, construction, occupation, or operation of the built environment.
- Jurors maintain the highest ethical standing in the industry.
- Jurors must be recused from judging any projects they or their firms are involved in.
- Jurors must commit to reviewing award submissions virtually in March.
- After all submissions have been judged independently, a juror videoconference (max 2 hours) in late March/early April is scheduled to deliberate with fellow jurors and determine the Award of Excellence winners.
- All Award of Excellence winners are then invited to present their project in a session at the conference in Singapore (in person), so that the projects in detail can be judged by the jury, and the overall category winner chosen. Jurors must attend all Award of Excellence presentations in their category.
- Jurors must also commit to attending the 2023 CTBUH Singapore International Conference in person, to attend all Award of Excellence sessions in your category, and then confer with your jury immediately after to choose the overall category winner. Category winners are announced at the Awards Ceremony and Dinner on 18 October 2023 in Singapore. CTBUH offers subsidized registration to the conference; registration, accommodation and travel expenses are covered by juror’s company.
- Jury member and their companies are listed on the CTBUH Awards website, in conference collateral (physical and digital), and in promotional materials, and recognized at the awards ceremony and dinner.
- Jurors are listed in Tall Buildings + Urban Habitat, the comprehensive, hard-cover publication that is produced in conjunction with the awards program.